The term controlled substance refers to a drug or chemical, the possession, manufacture, or use of which is regulated by the U.S. government. This includes narcotics, other illegal drugs, prescription medications, fake drugs and drug alternatives like Spice and Bath Salts.
Pursuant to Section 18-18-403.5 of the Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.), it is illegal to knowingly and unlawfully possess controlled substances in the state. The substances that fall under this statute include but are not limited to:
- Ecstasy (a/k/a MDMA or Molly)
- PCP (a/k/a Angel Dust)
- Recreational and prescription medicines
If you or someone you know has been arrested for drug possession, there’s one thing you can do to help establish your innocence: Post bail to gain temporary freedom in order to focus on your defense strategies with the help of a trusted defense attorney.
With the help of a bail bondsman like a 24 hour bail bonds in Greeley Co lawyers recommend, you can post bail and gain your freedom.
If your lawyer is able to convince the judge to allow you to post bail for drug possession charges, you can be set temporarily free pursuant to Section 16-4-105 of Title 16 Criminal Proceedings of the Colorado Revised Statutes. Your temporary liberty however can only be granted provided that you commit to the following conditions:
- Return to court to attend all the hearings set to resolve your case
- Comply with the mandatory protection order of the court
- Abstain from alcohol/illegal drug use and possession or use of firearms
- Make periodic telephone contacts
- Make regular office visits
- Agree to electronic home monitoring
- Submit to GPS monitoring
- Agree to home site checks
- Submit to mental health evaluations
- Submit to substance abuse evaluation and treatment
If you are accused or arrested for possession of illegal drugs in Colorado, you must fight to establish your innocence to protect your life and future. Get a good defense attorney and post bail with the help of professionals from our 24 hour bail bonds Greeley Co company. Your temporary liberty could give you ample time to contemplate a powerful strategy to convince the judge of your sincerity.
Call us anytime of day at (303) 659-2245 for your bail bond concerns. Our Greeley bondsman would be happy to help.