What Should I Do if I Miss a Court Appearance Date?

It is important for you to act quickly. If you posted a bond with a bail bonding agent, contact the agent immediately. The bail bonding agent may provide you with a “consent of surety.” You must take the consent of surety to the court clerk and ask for a new court date. If you did not post a bond through a bonding agent, then go to the court clerk as soon as possible and make arrangements for a new court date. In either case, a warrant was probably issued for your arrest for failure to appear.

By | 2020-01-03T05:19:25-07:00 January 3rd, 2020|